Lesson 1, Topic 2
How Similar is COQL to SQL?
- Select queries and syntax
– Pull in data from other modules using lookup fields! However, you can only perform left joins and there is not aggregating data or performing operations on data that you pull (no sum, average, manipulation, etc.)
– You are only allowed up to two joins, however
- FROM, WHERE, ORDER BY
– Identify where your data is coming from, use the WHERE clause to filter down to exactly which records you want to pull, and order the results
– Check out our intro SQL course if you’re not familiar with it! We also have more advanced courses that use SQL in our Analytics learning path